Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Are You Suffering From The Desperate Housewife Syndrome?


This popular show about the secrets and truths in the lives of female friends in the suburbs after the suicide of their friend came out in 2004 and was a big hit. What I wanted to emphasize is all the trouble the women kept falling into due to them having a huge amount of time on their hands. This is what led to this post...I wanted to shine a light on this and how it can affect your life and what you can do to "cure" it.

What are the Symptoms? Are you spending most of your time during the day watching the latest episodes of your favorite ”not-so reality” TV series? Do you find yourself on the phone a lot discussing (aka gossiping) about who your neighbor had sleep over last night? Or are you the soccer mom just wishing you had something better to do with your time? If you are in one of these or a similar situation, you may be suffering from The Desperate Housewife Syndrome.

Here are some tips to cure the Desperate Housewife Syndrome:

1. Find a Hobby.  There are plenty of things to do instead of watching t.v. or talking on the phone with friends. I suggest Reading. You can read fiction books or books that help expand your knowledge. I am currently reading The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles. I am going to be introducing a Book of the Month Club where I will choose a book to read and host discussions. I believe that it is important to never stop learning and growing and we can do it together!

2. Do What You Love. For me it was writing, but it can be anything from taking your kids to the park to crafting. Anything to help keep your mind occupied. As my grandma used to say, "An idle mind is the devil's workshop."

3. Start a Business. These days there a literally thousands of ways to make money. Choosing which one can be a doozy. Check out my previous post about Ways to Make Money in 2013. I recently did a post on ways to make money online in 2013. Also, click on the Income Opportunities tab where I have added a few of the programs I am involved in to make extra cash. 

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to leave a comment and let us know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment